Thursday, November 7, 2019

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

For this assignment, I read The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki
  • The argument of the book revolved around the significance of implementing social media into businesses. It provided numerous tips that make the process more effective. In addition, it also made the point that social media makes it possible for businesses to have a more personal connection with potential customers.
  • The book connected with what we are learning in this course because based I have learned that social media can be a necessity for selling products and services. In this day of age, most people have social media and spend many hours on it, using it for things like news, connecting with people or even shopping. Implementing social media to one's business is a way to keep up with the times and be able to reach more potential customers.
  • If I had to design an exercise based on this book, it would be for students to pick which social media platform would be best to use to reach their target audience. This would force students to research different social media, and would help them better reach their target market.
  • Something that I learned that I hadn't really noticed before is that one must make sure that every social media profile one has, has to be professional, cohesive and easily identifiable. I knew that people tend to assume things about others based on their social media but I guess I never realized how important it is for different profiles on different platforms to be consistent with each other in order to not give out the wrong message to the wrong person.

4 comments:

  1. I read this book as well! It really emphasized the important of building a brand for yourself in order to promote your business. The idea of a profile being professional, cohesive, and easily identifiable was something that stood out to me as well. Although these are things people would assume, not many carry it out despite its great importance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan,
    it was very interesting to read through your blogpost. I personally read "Inbound Marketing" which also includes chapters about social media and the things that you have mentioned. I like the fact how you stress the importance of "consistency" throughout different social media profiles, so people can easily identify a product or brand. As it is a big topic in the book "Inbound Marketing", social media platforms are also a good opportunity to create link backs to your website, so you improve in the ranks when it comes to a Google search. I think these two books are a very good combination!
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I really liked the book you chose for your blog post. I wish I decided to read this book because it seems very interesting to learn about adding social media to your business. I think social media plays a huge role in businesses now a days. It can truly completely change the marketing strategy for companies.
    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nathan,
    I chose to read the same book! The author does a good job of persuading the reader to establish a social media account for their business. It is evident that social media is very popular in today's society, and business can take advantage by advertising on social media. It would make sense that all of your social media accounts should be coherent with each other. Using the same username and profile picture is a great way to link all of your social media accounts.

    ReplyDelete