Thursday, October 31, 2019

19A – Idea Napkin No. 2

1.) My name is Nathan Craigdallie and I am an information systems major here at UF. After speaking to a few people that are super close to me, I have learned that my skills including being hard-working, detail-oriented, and easy to work with. I truly believe that with the right resources, my business idea could be successful.

 2) I am still offering the same service to my customers: I am offering a service that solves our customers' unmet needs with our thorough, confidential, face-to-face assessment and care plan methodology, that evaluates and uncovers their loved ones' needs and safety concerns. Then, we develop an implemented action plan that, as previously mentioned, produces healthier, safer and more fulfilling lifestyles for everyone.

 3) I am offering a service to family members or friends who have an elder to take care of who do not relate to their needs and safety concerns and thus require help from my service. My target market has also not changed because I will be aiming this product at those prospective customers including male and female individuals who are either elders or have an elder to take care of and do not have the knowledge or resources to successfully do so. In terms of psychographic characteristics, my customers would all share an interest in wanting to positively impact the elders' lives at hand and better their lifestyles in any way possible.

 4) People tend to care for their loved one's well-being, whether they're just friends, a significant other, or family. In this case, taking care of the beloved elders takes energy and time which most people don't have enough of. This is why people case about my service enough to be willing to pay for it: in order to mitigate stress and burden being caused by having to figure out how to properly take care of an elder on their own.

 5) My core competencies have also not changed at all. I have first-hand experience on the matter due to my stepfather being in the healthcare business. Everything I know about the industry I've learned from him through the years which is fundamental when talking about dealing with people's lives and well-being.

6) Personally, I believe that the aforementioned elements fit extremely well together. My skills and experience tied together to give me enough authority to have a say on the matter at hand. I used these to my advantage in order to come up with a successful solution to my observed opportunity that a prototypical customer, whether male or female who need help in regards to taking care of an elder, would be willing to pay for.

7) Feedback memo: The feedback that I received was mostly positive and encouraged me to stick with what I had but also improve as much as possible. I also used feedback from several different posts to assure that I catered to the optimal amount of feedback. Two things that I focused on the most were listing new skills that I believe also pertain to my business idea and thus life in general as well as specifying my target customer.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan,

    I think there is a lot of value with you having experience in the healthcare field before. It is important to be able to relate to your customer field and put yourself in their shoes. I also like that all of your ideas flow nicely together and it is for the betterment of everyone involved. When a family member or friend is sick, this can be a really hard time and your service will help to ease the burden and stress.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan,
    I agree with Sarah that these aspects seem to fit together very well. I think your idea can be very successful as there is a high emotional involvement in family matters and expert help in this instance can be very valuable. One thing you could still mention is how much your service would cost and how much you would be involved in the action plan, e.g. would you write it out once and then they would give you feedback every two weeks or would you check out the situation yourself personally before writing out the action plan at the beginning?
    I really like the idea a lot and especially with the demographic change, there is a huge market for this.
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I think the skills you have are very good. When starting your own business you need to be hard working and detail oriented. I really like your idea, and I think it could totally work if you execute it right. There needs to be a place families can get help to take care of their elderly family members.
    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nathan, your personal skills are great, a great work ethic will be needed to start your own business. Your idea is really genuine, helping take care of loved ones is something that is very important to families. You have put the elements of your business plan together nicely. You have found a problem, decided who has the problem, researched the issue, and then found a solution.

    ReplyDelete