1) What surprised me the most is that her son is the one that funded the start of her business. This is because usually, the parent is the one lending money to their kids for big matters such as a business for example, not the other way around. What I admire the most about her is that she was determined to create this business regardless of the recent passing of her husband, she was somehow able to pull herself together and start her business anyway. I can't think of anything I couldn't admire about her, this is considering I noticed that she was a dedicated hard worker who was doing everything in her power to make her dream come true. The entrepreneur did encounter adversity in her life, one being the death of her husband which she utilized as a means of pushing herself over the edge and starting the business she wanted.
2) Considering the fact that Mary has worked in sales in the past, prior to starting her business, this would entail that she has experience and thus knows how to sell successfully. This kind of experience would also suggest that she has developed "people skills" which in other words is enhancing her communication skills.
3) I don't believe I found anything relatively confusing, however, if she had gotten a bit more in-depth regarding how she went from wanting to write a book to going into her business so that I would understand her vision more clearly.
4) What was your biggest challenge in regards to starting your own company? I would ask this because it would be interesting to know to learn more about her hardships. Do you have any advice for people that want to start their own business? I would ask this because I believe any kind of advice is good advice, especially coming from someone who has accomplished things in life such as starting her own company for example.
5) I believe Mary, as previously mentioned, valued hard work and was a determined woman. I also believe this is what made her successful and I do agree with this "opinion," one has to be determined and driven if they expect whatever they're trying to accomplish to work out in their favor.
Hi Nathan,
ReplyDeleteI really liked how well you analyzed the book. I just want to say that for next time if you could specify which book you read in the beginning of your writing, so your audience would be able to know what you are talking about. I really liked the question you wanted to ask because there are so many challenges when starting a business, so hearing what other people think would be very interesting.
Amanda Gonzalez