Friday, October 25, 2019

18A – Create a Customer Avatar


This is Mary. She is a 64-year-old woman living in Margate, FL. She enjoys speaking on the phone with her friends and playing bingo. She does not own a car since she thinks they are dangerous. Mary watches any and every criminal show you could imagine: Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI New York, CSI Miami, Breaking Bad, among others. Mary has 2 sons: John and Robert. Robert is actually adopted since Mary did not want to go through another pregnancy after having John. Mary doesn't like to read books nor does she care about politics, however, she does love reading the newspaper.

Mary and I have a couple of things in common. For starters, believe it or not, I too like playing bingo. I don't own a car either, however, the reason for me is that I don't think I need one yet, I don't believe they are all dangerous like Mary. I also do watch the same shows as Mary since those also happen to be my mom's favorites and I always watch them with her. In addition, I don't like to read or pay attention to political matters, but I do not read the newspaper either. These commonalities are probably coincidences in some way, but others may not be, like not liking to read or not having a car for example.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great picture for someone that would resemble the customer. The avatar was very in depth even dow to the shows that she would enjoy which I thought was a great addition. It was interesting that she liked to read newspapers but did not care about politics. I like the comparison and agree that political matters aren't the best to keep up with sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I really enjoyed the avatar you chose. I thought it was very fitting with the description you provided. I really enjoyed reading about how she doesn't own a car because she automatically assumes that is dangerous.
    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathan,
    I like the avatar you created. It would be interesting to see how much of your customer base is represented by your avatar. Mary must have had a great time trying to raise two kids without a car. Good comparison between yourself and the avatar, it seems like you guys have a decent amount in common which is good because it can allow you to connect to your customers.

    ReplyDelete