Friday, October 18, 2019

16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?

I believe that the ways my human capital makes me unique are dependent on the situation I am put in.

#1: Positivity. I enjoy bringing positivity to those I interact with, no matter how much interaction is taking place. Even if we are not very close, I still like to try to provide guidance and share my own experiences if I believe it could possibly help whoever I am speaking to if the topic is brought up.

#2: Goal-oriented. This kind of mindset makes me a good competitor in any aspect of the word. I always want to be the best in any and every situation I find myself in, in order to benefit not only myself but also those around me.

#3: Honesty. I find no reason to ever want to lie to anybody considering I myself would never want to be lied to. I find this a good way to make meaningful connections with people since they can feel as if they can trust that I will always tell it how it is no matter what.

#4: Dedication. I am someone who will put in all the work and as much time as needed in order to get something done right. I think this helps me be successful in anything I put my mind to, even though some things take more time and energy than others.

#5: Resilience. I consider myself to be a resilient person. I have gone through many different experiences, some of them one would consider very difficult, yet I know how to deal with and overcome them when they take place. I don't let anything or anyone bring me down.

Interviews 1-5

1) My best friend. She describes my dedication to any situation I put myself in.
2) My very close friend. She discusses my persistent nature and desire to do things right.
3) My roommate. She mentions how I am able to overcome any obstacle that comes my way.
4) My long-time friend. She details my aspirations to want to help others in any way I possibly can.
5) My classmate. He says how much of a truthful and honest person I am.

I think that those who I interviewed see me very similarly to how I see myself. I do think that my interviewees described me accurately, however, there is no right or wrong considering everyone's opinions are bound to differ from one another. I would not change my original list because after having interviewed and reevaluated, I came to the conclusion that I still stand by the way I see myself. On the contrary, the interviews helped me further confirm the traits I picked.



























4 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan,

    I really liked how you went into detail about each trait that you align yourself with. It was great to read about how your friends have very similar opinions to how you view yourself. It is always good to know that the way you identify yourself others notice that too.

    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan,
    It is interesting to see that your views of yourself align with what your friends also see. There can be challenges in friendships and moving forward in life when people you feel are very close to you cannot align their thoughts the same way you do. Having more detail with the interviews could be helpful as well.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathan,

    I liked how you really explained all the human capitals about yourself. In which, number three is actually my favorite. Honesty plays a big role in each individual. If I'm being honest to you, I expect the same in return. I just personally feel with our new generation in this world, honesty is being played with, with more people not being honest. So I'm glad to know that you are honest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nathan,

    besides the facts already mentioned in the other comments, I think it is special that people closest to you see you as a mentor as well. In my opinion, this probably aligns with your other traits as people oftentimes see people as mentors who lead by example. Especially the fact of "overcoming obstacles" and persistency will help you in your entrepreneurial venture to go through ups and downs and succeed.
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete