Monday, September 30, 2019

11A – Idea Napkin No. 1

1.) My name is Nathan Craigdallie and I am an information systems major here at UF. Some of my skills include but are not limited to: time management, self-motivation, adaptability, and critical thinking. I am very passionate about new experiences and helping others. I believe that moving to the United States at a young age and having to adapt to a different culture has influenced both my skills and my passions. Starting this business would allow me to learn more about myself and possibly develop new abilities that will be useful in my life in the long run.

 2) I am offering a service that solves our customers' unmet needs with our thorough, confidential, face-to-face assessment and care plan methodology, that evaluates and uncovers their loved ones' needs and safety concerns. Then, we develop an implemented action plan that, as previously mentioned, produces healthier, safer and more fulfilling lifestyles for everyone.

 3) I am offering a service to family members or friends who have an elder to take care of who do not relate to their needs and safety concerns and thus require help from my service. The customer demographics, in this case, would include male and female individuals who are either elders or have an elder to take care of and do not have the knowledge or resources to successfully do so. In terms of psychographic characteristics, my customers would all share an interest in wanting to positively impact the elders' lives at hand and better their lifestyles in any way possible.

 4) People tend to care for their loved one's well-being, whether they're just friends, a significant other, or family. In this case, taking care of the beloved elders takes energy and time which most people don't have enough of. This is why people case about my service enough to be willing to pay for it: in order to mitigate stress and burden being caused by having to figure out how to properly take care of an elder on their own.

 5) I have first-hand experience on the matter due to my stepfather being in the healthcare business. Everything I know about the industry I've learned from him through the years which is fundamental when talking about dealing with peoples lives and well-being.

6) Personally, I believe that the aforementioned elements fit extremely well together. My skills and experience tied together give me enough authority to have a say on the matter at hand. I used these to my advantage in order to come up with a successful solution to my observed opportunity that a prototypical customer, whether male or female who need help in regards to taking care of an elder, would be willing to pay for.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan,

    I really liked how you listed out all of your skills because it shows what kind of work ethic you have and what you bring to the table. I think time management is a very important trait when deciding to own your own business because you need to be able to balance all of the things going on in your life. I do agree with you that all the elements go well together.

    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan,
    Listing all of your skills can be very beneficial when creating a business to find your strengths and weaknesses. You are able to quickly see where you may need help and what you can thrive at being a manager. All of your topics fit well together and this is a strong napkin idea.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathan,
    Opening up by listing your skills is a great way to market yourself to potential customers. They can acknowledge your strengths and will be more likely to work with you. You have also clearly stated who will be helped by your business and how your business will assist them. Your conclusion concisely wraps everything up and gives readers a clear image of how and and who you would help with your opportunity.

    ReplyDelete