Thursday, September 12, 2019

3A: Your Entrepreneurship Story

When I was in middle school, for Christmas, my parents got me waxed thread in a bunch of different colors in order to help me fulfill my desire of learning how to make bracelets and sell them to my peers. I remember watching Youtube videos on how to make bracelets which kept me up at night while I tried to follow the directions in hopes of memorizing them eventually. After making several bracelets and wearing them to school on a daily basis, people rapidly began to notice and kept asking me where I had gotten them. Since I was already planning on selling them, I had my parents help me with the pricing and I recall selling a lot of them until they were no longer in style. I no longer make these bracelets but I uploaded a picture of what they looked like. I enrolled in this class because I thought it would be an interesting course and I hope to be exposed to more entrepreneurship experiences and learn more about what it takes to be an entrepreneur.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan,

    I loved how you decided to make bracelets and sell them. When I was a kid I actually use to sell bracelets similar to these. I would go down the beaches of Miami and sell them to older people because they really enjoyed how colorful the bracelets are. It was interesting to read that your parents help you come up with the prices.

    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan,
    I remember these bracelets from school. They were very popular for a time and I'm glad you saw the opportunity and took advantage.I admire that instead of asking for a bike for Christmas, you got a tool you were able to use earn on your own. YouTube is a life saver, it seems like there are tutorials posted that help with almost anything you can think of.

    ReplyDelete